Quantum cascade lasers are used in a variety of gas sensing applications. A quantum cascade laser is a mid infrared light source that can be used to interrogate the spectral fingerprint of a wide variety of small molecules, enabling quantitative detection of atmospheric constituents such as methane and nitrous oxide, and pollutants including NOx and carbon monoxide. Captec provides a range of computers to control and manage these systems, covering:
• Complex algorithms used to extract concentrations from spectral fingerprint data.
• Very fast response required to track rapid changes in concentrations.
• Data processing rates of >100 concentrations per second .
• Up to 12 gas species measured simultaneously
• Measurement data communicated simultaneously over TCP/IP, RS232 and/or 4-20ma.
• Multi-threaded application requiring powerful multi-core processor.