The Supervisory Monitoring & Control Software PCs (SMACS) are an integral part of the Master Control Station, the hub of the Subsea Control System. These perform a number of critical tasks to ensure the safety and continued operation of the whole installation. These include:
• Monitor components and read data from sensors.
• Issue commands to valves and chokes via modems.
• Perform critical shutdown in emergencies.
• Act as CPU within the Master Control System.
• Configured with dual redundancy and hot standby.
• Operates in a harsh offshore environment.
• Highly reliable, continuity of supply and exact build replication.
Captec supplies a number of computers optimised for these activities and this environment