An exciting opportunity has arisen for a field based Account Manager position for specialised computing equipment.
In this role you will work alongside an experienced business development director supporting with the management and development of a small number of existing key accounts. You will get the opportunity to learn and develop key account management skills as well as undertake new business development of your own to create your own future accounts.
The key accounts are centred around the Nottingham area so a candidate within a 30 mile radius of this area would be preferred. Working predominantly out of a home office with regular monthly visits to the company’s offices in Fareham (Hampshire).
• Support with the management of key major accounts through regular contact and understanding their business, products and competitors. Expect this to be 60-75% of your working week.
Required Experience & Skillset:
• Engage in own business development work to identify new opportunities leading to own future key accounts. Expect this to be 25-40% of your working week.
• Identify and capture new business opportunities within existing key accounts.
• Harvest business intelligence to share within the sales organisation and feeder material for marketing.
• Participate with the resolution of account issues or problems in an efficient and cost effective way.
• Attend customer QBR and business meetings where appropriate and document accordingly.
• Manage reporting of activities and pipeline/key account sales revenue forecasts, with appropriate risk analysis to mitigate potential slippage.
• Contribute towards the achievement of sales and margin targets.
• Preparation of professional sales quotations/proposals with customer engagement to deliver winning outcomes.
Prior experience of customer facing account management and Business Development skills.
• Commercially aware with a good understanding of business processes and an abundance of common sense.
• Enterprise/B2B market sector experience with preferably a business, computing, electronics, IT/technology related background.
• Ability to extract information through structured questions and offer data driven opportunity recommendations.
• Excellent organisational, time management and work scheduling/prioritisation skills.
• Effective communicator with proven ability to engage customers and internal stakeholders at all organisational levels.
• Confident presenter of information to small or large audiences, able to deliver a persuasive customer context value proposition specific to the needs of individual customers.
• Good problem solving skills, utilising data/statistical and analytical methods to resolve commercial issues.
• Knowledgeable and competent user of current day office automation packages.
• Full and clean driving licence required for a Field Based Role
• Positive, self-motivated, team player with professional appearance and behaviour.
• Strives to consistently hit targets and maintain high standards.
• Able to handle pressure to meet difficult customers and their deadlines.
Full-time, based in or around the Nottingham area – reporting office in Fareham, Hampshire.
£27k – £33k per annum (subject to relevant experience)
Uncapped, Performance Related Based on Commission Structure
28 days Personal & Public Holidays, Additional Holidays accrued tenure proportionate.
Auto Enrollment Company Contribution Pension Scheme.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.