Are you interested in technology and engineering?
Would you like to work for a company where you could be working on a solution for the defence industry one day, and the gaming industry the next?
If you have demonstrable capability, gained through experience of working in an Engineering environment for a technology company who manufacture their own products, then your skills could be what we are looking for.
We are an organisation with a rapid growth plan and therefore this is an exciting time to join and be part of our expanding team.
This varied role, based in Fareham, will get you involved in Engineering Change Management, Sustaining Engineering support and New Product Introduction support which will provide you some fantastic opportunities to assist with development verification testing on industrial computers, tablets and rack products.
We are an award winning designer and manufacturer of specialist computing platforms. Our customers operate in a number of different industries including, Transport, Medical, Defence, Energy, Gaming and Hospitality.
As part of the engineering team, it is important the role holder has the skills to build effective working relationships and can work collaboratively with other internal teams. They will also need to have the confidence to represent the department at meetings and report actions back concisely.
In an organisation where we “roll our sleeves up and get stuck in”, the successful candidate will need to have a real hands-on approach.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in an engineering environment for a technology company who manufacture their own products.
- Knowledge and experience of managing change management processes.
- Advanced use of Product Data Management Systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Bills of Materials content and structure, Part Number generation and revision control and the effects changes can have within a business.
- Experience of developing processes and workflows.
- Hands-on management of technical support tracking systems and allocation and tracking of resources.
- Testing and assessing technology products for fitness for purpose.
- Technical documentation and writing skills. Competent in using SharePoint and Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of electronics.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 standards or a profession process driven methodology.
- Experience working as an interface between engineering and other internal departments.
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and testing methodologies for computer products.
- Good practical skills with regards to mechanical or computer assembly, wiring and system test.
- Comfortable working with complex databases and ability to write queries when required.
- Competent in using Epicor PDM system.
- Ideally a minimum of an ONC/HNC in mechanical, electronics, process or similar discipline would be desirable, however demonstrable capability through experience would be considered.
28 days personal & public holidays, additional holidays accrued, tenure proportionate
Auto-enrolment into company contribution pension scheme.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.