Captec aims to be a recognised international leader in specialist computing platforms across multiple form factors, with high quality, reliable products, excellent customer service, and responsible management of our people and processes. Executed within the highest standards of Corporate Social Responsibility that we can achieve.
We are passionate about the environment and will make every effort within our means to protect it from the effects of our manufacturing operations and our products. We are committed to the continuous improvement of our environmental performance and the prevention of pollution. Operating an ISO14001 approved Environmental Management System helps us achieve this.
Environmental regulations, and other relevant requirements will be regarded as setting the minimum standards of our environmental performance. Where no regulations exist, Captec will set its own exacting standards.
In particular, Captec will:
- Design and specify products with the environment in mind by minimising the use of hazardous materials wherever possible.
- Minimise landfill waste resulting from our products, by encouraging customers to re-use or recycle our products when they come to the end of their useful life, or if they prefer, we will organise recycling for them.
- Minimise landfill waste resulting from our operations, with particular focus on reduction, re-use or recycling of packaging materials and process waste.
- Monitor and seek to continually improve the energy efficiency of our operations.
- Work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products, processes and transportation.
We will encourage, train and inspire all our people to actively participate in this commitment. We will review this policy at least annually to ensure it continues to provide a suitable framework for effective management of our environmental performance.