At Captec we take Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) seriously. We know we have a choice, with opportunities and responsibilities to participate in making the world a better place. However small an impact this may be, where the opportunity presents itself and we can make a difference, we try our best to make that difference happen.
We believe that a company culture based on core values not only helps our business, but also defines the role that we can play in our local community and society as well as further afield.
- We look for new opportunities to apply our resources, technology and know-how to help our local communities.
- We empower our employees to engage in outreach in our local communities with educational and charities involvement.
- We are passionate about the environment and will make every effort within our means to protect it.
- We integrate good corporate and social responsibility into every aspect of our company.
We focus on specific areas where we can make a difference, such as the environment, education, and help raise funds for a number of charities. We support these both as a company and by encouraging and empowering our staff to greater participation.
Caring for the environment
Captec is committed to environmental leadership in as many of our business activities as possible. Our ISO-14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) ensures we are vigilant in protecting the environment across the scope of all our activities. We use our EMS to adopt best practices in recycling and to protect the environment from the effects of our manufacturing operations and our products. We encourage our staff to be active participants with a variety of schemes, such as support of the Cycle to Work scheme.
We engage and support our local schools, colleges and Universities. We have STEM ambassadors who engage with local schools to encourage the uptake of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. Our employees and managers mentor students to better prepare them for entry into the workplace. We sponsor student placements, projects and prizes.
Captec has relationships with a multitude of diverse and international suppliers. We hold our suppliers, as we do ourselves, to high standards of ethical behaviour.
Employee welfare and development
Employee welfare and development is one of our key business objectives. Not just in terms of ensuring appropriate standards of Health and Safety at work but also a longstanding commitment to diversity and providing on-going education, development and a structured career path.
Other responsibility-related areas
Captec pursues the highest standards of social responsibility throughout our company— from how we support and empower employees, to how we work with our customers and suppliers, to how we manage our Group.
Anti-corruption & bribery measures
It is our policy to conduct all of our business in an honest and ethical manner. Bribery and corruption is not tolerated in our business and our business dealings. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery. To help us achieve these:
- We periodically undertake risk assessments including where we import/export goods, use sales agents or intermediaries to represent our business or where we have higher risk customers.
- We periodically review the controls we have in place to mitigate the risks
- We address any gaps identified
- We Monitor controls to make sure they continue to be effective at mitigating the risk.
- Our senior management is required to behave in an ethical manner and proactively and publicly supports zero tolerance for bribery and corruption.
- Our policy is communicated to employees and mechanisms are available for employees, suppliers or customers to confidentially or anonymously report complaints or suspicions of illegal behaviour.
- Our staff are not permitted to retain any corporate gifts which are annually entered in a raffle and the proceeds donated to charity.