At Captec we provide free, pre and post sales technical support to all our customers. A dedicated team of highly trained engineers are available from 8:30am to 5:00pm, GMT, Monday to Friday.
Should one of our products appear defective, it will be worth spending a few minutes checking the technical information supplied with the product, such as for example configuration jumper settings or drivers as appropriate. If you require further support, please contact our Support Team by using our email contact or by telephone or fax.
In the event that you have a defective product please bear in mind that we operate an RMA (Returns Material Authorisation) under our ISO9001 quality management system. In order to ensure that your return is processed in a speedy and effective manner please refer to the following points.
- Captec operates a 12 month “Return to base” warranty system as standard.
The customer is responsible for carriage charges involved in returning the suspect item for repair. Captec will bear the carriage charges when returning the item to the customer.
- Where possible, Captec will repair the item in-house. It may be necessary to return faulty items to their original manufacturer for repair which can involve additional delay. Where an RMA number has been issued by us within 14 days of purchase and the item has been confirmed faulty, a replacement may be supplied at our discretion.
- Where a replacement item has been issued in advance, an invoice will be raised for the replacement part. Provided that the faulty item is then returned to us within 14 days of the replacement item being despatched, a credit will be applied against that invoice.
- If an item is being returned for credit, it must be complete with all packaging, software, accessories and documentation and be in suitable condition for resale. Where this is not the case, a restocking fee of 15% of the original invoice value of the item will be applied.
- Items returned to Captec without a valid RMA number will not be accepted. Any carriage charges involved in returning the item to the customer will be charged to the customer’s account.
- Items returned to Captec in unsuitable packaging or items damaged in transit will not be accepted. Any carriage charges involved in returning the item to the customer will be charged to the customer’s account.
- RMA numbers issued will be valid for 14 days only. If an item has not been received within that time, the RMA will be closed and another application will need to be made.
- Where an item is returned for repair under warranty but is found to be without fault after test, a standard charge of £95 + VAT will be applied to cover the costs of administration.
- All items returned to Captec for inspection or repair remain the property of the customer and Captec cannot accept any liability for accidental loss or damage. Customers should ensure that returned items are covered by appropriate insurances at all times.