An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced IoT Product Manager to join our expanding product and engineering teams. At Captec, we’re renowned for technical excellence – backed up by our Queen’s Award for Enterprise win in 2016.
You’ll be joining a successful and established business specialising in the design and manufacture of specialist computing platforms for use in demanding applications. With an impressive portfolio of customers across a range of industries, we can offer you excellent scope for career progression.
In this product manager role, you’ll own, develop and implement the strategy for IoT throughout product lifecycles. You’ll own requirements gathering, create and deliver product roadmaps, and assist the transition from development, through to sales and through life support.
The job role includes commercial management to ensure products are developed effectively and adding value, so you’ll be aware of external influencing factors like market trends and product competition. As Captec’s IoT Product Manager, you’ll have vision and act as the product champion, all while keeping the customer at the centre of it all.
This is an extremely visible role, so you’ll need to use your skills to influence and manage stakeholders internally and externally and also be able to facilitate and mediate while adding strong direction. You’ll be supported by a dynamic team of product managers, and over time you will be given the opportunity to recruit and manage your own team of application engineers to support customer pricing requests and projects.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Minimum three years proven track record of successfully defining and delivering IoT hardware or software solutions as a Product Manager in a computer hardware-centric industry
- Expertise in IoT technologies
- Experience interacting with customers, prospects, partners and sales teams
- Experience gathering market insight and spotting industry development and trends
- Experience in articulating company competencies and solution value to customers
- Product management practice and methodology
- Operate well in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experience in IoT hardware design and development is highly desirable
- Sector experience in medical, transport, automation, energy, communications, defence or similar is desirable
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent scope for training and development and career progression, At Captec, we have a relaxed, friendly working environment plus a benefits package that includes:
- Flexitime: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Core hours – 10am-4pm.
- Accrue time for up to 6 extra holiday days per year!
- Pension scheme – employer contributions increase with service
- Bonus scheme
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking and electric car charging points
- Free tea and coffee,
- Plenty of kitchen facilities
- Social area with dartboard, pool table and foosball
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.