We’ve got a great opportunity for a specialist Business Development Manager to cover the North of the UK based around the Leeds, Manchester and Sheffield areas. As the Business Development Manager, primarily you will develop targeted opportunities and win business in the expanding gaming solutions part of our business. If you’ve got a strong background in a field-based business development and account management role with experience selling computing solutions into the Gaming and Leisure sector, then we want to hear from you!
Ideally, you’ll have experience solution selling products into the computer technology market and in negotiating, winning and deploying major projects. As the Business Development Manager, you will engage in a balanced mix of opportunity nurturing and relationship building activities to identify and progress prospects to customers.
At Captec, we’re highly ambitious with an aggressive growth plan to meet our milestone for an IPO float in the coming years. So this is a crucial position in which you’ll support the company’s development, initiating and growing key accounts to drive sales and profit.
To succeed in the position, you’ll need strength of character, confidence and an eagerness to take on new challenges in a target-driven environment. Negotiation skills and a polished customer facing approach is key, as you’ll be communicating and presenting persuasive value propositions to a range of audiences. As this role focuses on new business and management of two major northern accounts, we would envisage you being based as far north as Manchester or Leeds and no further south than Nottingham. You will be field, home and office-based, reporting to our HQ in Hampshire once a month.
You won’t be alone in all this, you’ll receive support from all areas of the company to help you provide customers with the most effective and relevant information to meet their technical requirements. You’ll have to immerse yourselves in all aspects of our capabilities and services to effectively relay the benefits and features of our offerings so that customers are convinced of our value proposition and offered the most suitable solution for their needs.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- Five years’ experience with C-level relationships selling computer technology solutions into the gaming and leisure sector
- Proven experience of delivering £1m+ sales targets consistently year-on-year
- Experience in consultative/solution-orientated selling
- Industrial B2B market sector experience with a computing, electronics, IT/technology-related background
- Experienced in major project deployments and management of the stakeholders involved
- Well established and polished customer facing sales skills to build long term relationships
- Commercial astuteness, common sense and a sound understanding of business processes
- Excellent organisational skills in time management and work scheduling/prioritisation
- Competent communication and negotiating skills with a proven ability to actively and effectively engage with customers and internal stakeholders at all technical and commercial organisational levels
- Confident presenter of information to small or large audiences, able to communicate and deliver a persuasive value proposition specific to the needs of individual customers
- Excellent problem solving skills, utilising data/statistical and analytical methods to resolve commercial issues.
- Knowledgeable and competent user of current day office automation packages (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, project management, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Full and clean driving licence
- Positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Professional appearance and behaviour
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit
- Setter and driver of high standards
- Self-motivated and able to multitask to handle multiple priorities
- Able to learn new skills quickly and apply them/improve them consistently
- Lifelong learner, practitioner and teacher of new skills
- Organised, tidy with good time management
- Able to handle pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and accepting change
- Setter and driver of high standards
- Challenge-seeking with the energy to deliver and overcome failure
- Alignment with Captec’s published employee model and demonstration of a good balance of sustaining and accelerating behaviours in the workplace
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent scope for training and development and career progression, At Captec, we have a relaxed, friendly working environment plus a benefits package that includes:
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Accrue time for up to six extra holiday days per year!
- Pension scheme – employer contributions increase with service.
- Commission and bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- Mobile phone
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.